MOVIE NIGHT - Friday the 18th
ALL-COUNTY BAND AUDITIONS
The Nova Middle School Band hosts several Movie Nights throughout the school year.
All Band students are able to attend with any family members.
They may also choose to invite one non-Band friend as their guest.
Once a student enters the event, he/she will not be allowed to leave the building until the event has ended and all have helped to discard their trash.
However, students who disrupt the movie experience for others will be asked to leave and will not be able to attend future Movie Nights.
The Band Parent Association will have a concession stand open before and during the movie.
Students may purchase snacks, candy, and drinks for $1 or $2 per item.
No outside food or drink is allowed.
Any student (Band and non-Band) wishing to attend Movie Night MUST submit the below permission form, signed by a Parent by Thursday, November 17, 2016.
ALL students who attend will be asked to pick-up after themselves at the end of the movie.
Students should be picked up no later than 7:30 pm.
Please arrange your own transportation.
We are the proud host of the All-County Band Middle and High School auditions.
What is this?
Over 1,000 band students from all over the county come to Nova Middle School to audition for “All-County Band”.
Dates: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 for: Middle School Students – (over 400 students registered so far)
Thursday, November 17, 2016 for: High School Students – (over 700 students registered so far)
Student Registration Begins – 5:30 PM
What will happen during these events?
· Nova Middle School classrooms are transformed into auditioning rooms (1 chair & 1 music stand goes in every classroom).
· The band room is transformed into the headquarters-hospitality room for over 30 county band directors
· We register all students auditioning for this event
· We host the entire event
What do we need from you?
Your time. We need assistance with the following:
· Posting auditioning rooms signs, placing materials in classes
· Setting up and assisting with 2 Band Concession Area s (LARGE sales this evening)
· Setting up and assisting with Registration
· Assistance with monitoring cafeteria and band room
· Assistance with crowd control and directions throughout campus
· Assistance in Band hospitality room of catered meal for band directors and judges
· Compiling judges scores from classrooms back to band room.
· At the end of night , the entire campus needs to be put back in place for next day of classes
If you or your company want to sponsor this event you are more than welcome to do so. Email us for details.
If you are able to help with one of the above, send us an email to NMSBANDFAMILY@GMAIL.COM with your name, phone number.
Click here for: Calender of Events
Permission Form to be handed in:
CAPTAIN AMERICA - CIVIL WAR